Tuesday 5 January 2016

THE GREATEST COMEBACK IN NCAA BOWL HISTORY OR YOU MAY BE DOWN BUT YOUR NOT OUT

Wow, I can't believe it has been over a year since I wrote something in my blog.  It was really interesting the other night, I was watching a bowl game between TCU and Oregon.  After the first half, Oregon was up 31-0, what a sleeper!! I was thinking I could just turn this thing off and go to bed, it looks like there is no chance TCU is going to comeback.

Then things changed...

Oregon lost it's starting quarterback and TCU gained it's "mojo".  TCU started scoring: 3 then 7 then 7 then 7 then... 7. By the end of the game it was all tied up at 31-31.  After 3 overtimes TCU won the game.  I couldn't believe it! I had picked them in my "win a free coffee from your friends" football pool.  Wow, I just experienced the greatest comeback in NCAA bowl history!!

This is one of the reasons why I love football so and especially high school and college ball.
Maybe someone of you have been to a game and thought, "it's time to leave", and then your team started coming back.

Well, it's a New Year! 2016! Only 5 days old.  Maybe you find yourself down, you feel like throwing in the towel.  You feel like you seriously missed something in 2015 and it has followed you to today! I have good news for you... IT'S COMEBACK TIME!! YOU MAY BUT YOUR NOT OUT!!

In the Bible in the book of Hebrews 12: 1, 2 it states that we are to: "lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily entangles us, and let us run the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before him, endured the cross..."

Did you know that Jesus wants you to win! To run to win! To play to win! He went to the cross so that we could have forgiveness and a fresh start!! He wants a COMEBACK for Paul Birley and He wants one for you!! Don't give up! Look to Him! Say a little prayer right now and ask Jesus to help you with your situation! The game of life is way more important than the game of football (although there are parallels :)  

ARE YOU READY FOR THE "COMEBACK" IN YOUR LIFE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment